"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine
By far one of my favorite quotes, ever. And I'm taking it to heart this year.
Jeff and I have been blessed to go to many destinations since we've been married. We've done Belize, San Francisco (twice), Ruidoso (numerous times), Durango, Orlando, the Bahamas and Jeff did a baseball trip to New England two years back. But aside from our honeymoon and the baseball trip, the rest were taken with our extended family. Not that I'm complaining, I love you all. But, it's been five long years since we've done something on our own. Explored a new place on our own. And so, in celebration of our 30th birthdays this year, and our 5-year wedding anniversary (Oct 1) we are taking a vacation....kidless (bittersweet as we'll miss our baby but will enjoy the couples getaway)!
My vacation request is already in and approved! My parents will be watching K.T. and we, my friends and family, are outta here! Ohhhh, you want to know where? Well it's two places actually!
First, we're headed to Boston! I want to see the Brownstones, the Freedom Trail, the Gardens. I want to drink a beer in an Irish pub. Samuel Adams brewery - okay! And if you've ever been to Beantown, then please, I'm open to suggestions.
Did I mention we'll be taking this trip the first week of December? So, why wouldn't I.....
....go see NYC!?! at Christmas time!!

Ahhhh I am too excited for words about this one. I want to gawk at the tree at Rockefeller Center, find a cute bookstore off the beaten path that's decorated to the hilt (think "you've got mail"), see the Statue of Liberty, kiss my hubs at the top of the Empire State Building, pay my respects at Ground Zero and about 800 other things I'm sure we won't have time for.
Jeff's birthday will be in NYC - I can't wait to celebrate with him. And again - we're all ears for suggestions. Dining, Seeing, whatever!
I've made a commitment to myself in my 30's to travel more. Remember my 30's goals? Well, I plan to put at least 2 more stamps in my passport before it's all over and this trip is just not going to cut the mustard (is that right phrase) towards that goal - so I'm just going to have to plan another trip eventually! *le sigh*
5 comments:
fun! fun! fun!!!
I LOVE Boston!! And do I have suggestions! All depends on how long you plan to stay. We need to talk ;)
SOUNDS FANTASTIC! You two are gonna have a great time! My cousin Katie lives in NYC (did u meet her at the wedding?). I'll ping her for December visit suggestions.
Sounds wonderful and fun and ya'll deserve it. What a fun wedding anniversary and to celebrate both of you turning 30. And KT gets to spend time with grammy and pops! A vacation for her. :>))
GOOD FOR YOU GUYS!!! How fun:)
We went to Boston and NYC for our "babymoon"... couldn't visit an irish pub, but did everything else!! You guys are going to have an amazing time:)
Post a Comment