Saturday, August 14, 2010

Resale Shop Finds

I've never been a thrift store shopper, a garage sale goer or a Goodwill junkie. It takes a lot of patience to find something amongst all that rubble and I am NOT that patient. But since K.T.'s arrival, I've become a children's resale shopper. I think this is in part because these kids circulate through these items so quickly, I know the wear and tear on clothes is minimal. Toys get abandoned easily. And books gets ignored for some. Today I stopped at a resale shop I've been to only once before in search of some "toys" for KT as we are kind of short-handed in that area. Last week I dropped $17.00 on a fisher price piano thing-a-ma-bopper that is no bigger than a Harry Potter novel and after the buyer's remorse I felt afterward, I vow never to do that again (well, MOSTLY never do that again). Here are some of my great finds from today:

$6 set of blocks - I got 45 blocks (saweet!)

if anything, these will be great for photography shoots

3 Golden books at $0.50 each!

Cinderella (one of my faves!) at $1.00

just loved the colors and illustrations on this one

and I got this one because i REALLY wanted to know the answer to that question...

2 comments:

Cavazos Family said...

oh my -- the smurfs!!! i had compeltely forgotten they existed -- thanks for the great memories!!

pittypatpages.blogspot.com said...

Well, I hope you are planning to spill the beans...what DO Smurfs do all day?