A letter i sent to their customer service (via website) this afternoon. My mother would be proud.
I have been visiting your Culebra/1604 store as it is the closest one to my house. I run a side business which requires crafting supplies and I go to Hobby Lobby as a matter of convenience, and not because you are the ONLY place I can go. Therefore I CHOOSE to shop your store.
However, over the past year, I have noticed a SEVERE decrease in the customer service. Particularly that of your fabric department. The employees in that area are completely rude, unhelpful and above everything, act like me asking them to cut fabric is putting them out. I have held my tongue for several trips now, but today put me over the top.
After gathering my fabric choices, I noticed the ONLY employee in the area stocking some ribbon. I asked her which side should I go so she could cut the fabric. She said "Over there. Ring the bell." and then proceeded to ignore me for the minute or two I waited for another employee to come over and help me. This employee was young and instead of asking me "can I help you? how many yards do you need?" she just stood there as if waiting for me to prompt the transaction!! Our exchange was WORDLESS on her part, SMILEless on her part and UNFRIENDLY on her part. After she wrote down my order and handed me the sheet, I said "Thanks" in which I rec'd NO REPLY!
In ALL my recent experiences I have NEVER been asked if I could use some help. I have ALWAYS been treated rudely. And that alone warrants me to STOP my patronage at Hobby Lobby. It's UNACCEPTABLE.
But today's experience included a RUDE transaction from the cashier (the ONLY cashier). After giving change to the customer in front of me, she ran out asked the manager (?) for some bills. I waited for several minutes as this person took their sweet time pulling out bills from the lock box. When she handed it over to the cashier, it was in a way which eluded to the fact that these two might not be on the best of terms. There was obviously a disagreement between the two.
I feel I have given your store too many chances. Nothing has changed and obviously this rude behavior is being overlooked. I would appreciate you forwarding this letter to the manager of this store as I would hope he/she would like to know how their customers are being treated.
Based on today's social networking, I would think the retail market would be MORE inclined to take care of their customers. One tweet, one facebook status update, and one post on my blog about the poor service at your store can have a HUGE impact beyond just me. I hope you take this into account when reviewing this letter.
Regards.
C. Koenig
3 comments:
I AM proud of you. I hope they have the business sense to answer your letter, but who knows. I am always amazed, especially in this job market, the kind of people who have jobs and don't seem to care about them at all. What a wonderful thing to do all day, play with fabrics and help people buy fabrics. And yet, they seem so miserable. There's several people waiting in line to take their job.
Wow Colleen, that was suweet! You write your feelings so well and in such an effective manner... when I read the part where the woman told you to "ring the bell" I literally gasped out loud (and said "NO!"), as if you were telling me this face to face. Hahaha. That is horrible! The older women at the Bitters location are NO better. They definitely act like they're in pain being there or something - ridiculous! Thank goodness for people like you :)
Please write a book someday - I never read b/c I can't ever stay attentive but I love reading your posts.
I actually stopped shopping @ hobby lobby a couple years back because of a VERY RUDE cashier. first and foremost they had 2 registers open with the customers lined up so far back we were in the shopping aisles. She raised her voice at me and she yelled across the front end to the manager for approval about "this lady" (me), "wanting to use coupons". I felt so disrespected and nearly left all my items on the counter unpaid for! i, too wrote a letter to them and stopped shopping there for some time. you go girl!!!
Post a Comment