Thursday, August 05, 2010

In Where I Hop Back *ON* the Wagon

I'm sure some of you (or maybe not - sheesh, Colleen, don't flatter yourself) may be wondering where my latest weight loss update is. This is the part where I make up a handful of excuses: my treadmill died, the battery in my scale died ... all of which ARE true, might I point out. But the truth is, I never quite got back on the wagon after I fell off in June.

I've been exercising, though nothing extreme. I've been running 5k's, but with far less preparation. But I've not been paying attention, and I'm falling back into old habits. DAMN YOU WILL POWER!!! WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?!

*this is the part where I slap myself out of my rant and take a good long look at myself in the mirror*

This is where I take a good long look at that beautiful little girl who looks up at me and smiles the most precious smile I have ever seen. This is where I say enough is enough, Colleen. You're doing this for her.

So today, I'm going to start mapping it out again. Planning out the meals, the grocery lists, the exercise schedules. I'm going to get it all ready this weekend so that I can make a fresh start again. I'm going to replace the battery in my scale. I'm going to take the running to the streets, probably with KT in tow in my jogger. I'm going to continue on this track and forget that this little minor breakdown never happend.

I've got another event in October. My ballsiest (yes, I said that) even thus far. I need to start focusing on that and training for it so I won't embarass myself. Not that it's about show, more along the lines of me FINISHING the event more than anything.

Anyway, not so much of an update, more of an insight into my slump. Stay tuned later in the month. I hope to have good news by then.

1 comment:

Cavazos Family said...

Colleen -- you are doing fabulous!!! And I just saw you & you look fabulous!!!