Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Movin' on Up!

This week is K.T.'s last week in the Infant I classoom at her school. On Monday, she moves into the Infant II class along with about 5 more babies that she's been with these past four months. This means a new environment and most importantly, new teachers.

The problem, I feel, is that I'm not quite ready to let the Infant I teachers go. Since she's been going to her school for over four months now, we've had a slight rotation of teachers, one left, the other moved and two new ones came in their place. We've changed rooms, added babies, and finally, we were able to enjoy it.

I have felt really good with the current arrangement. I know she's being loved on and played with. I trust these women with my kiddo. And now, it's all going to change again.

I realize the Infant II class is right next door to her old class, her current teachers can look in through a connecting window. But, it's still not the same. Not only will we both have to get used to the new teachers, but I'm sure as soon as we get comfortable here, something else will change again.

This has made me realize this is likely my life for the next 18 years. Daycare is only a small introduction before the shock of kindergarten, and next thing you know, she's graduating!

*big sigh*

Bahumbug to change.

1 comment:

Cavazos Family said...

like the last paragraph Colleen -- its probably so true -- WOW!