After years of speculation, some angry-mob-lynching-style HOA meetings, and months of waiting our neighborhood pool finally opened last weekend. On Saturday night, the Ullevig's and Carilee came over to help us "test out the waters". Then, Jeff, KT and I returned early Sunday morning (9am). We wanted to see if anyone would be there, and just as luck would have it, we were ALL ALONE (loved it!). Water totally brings out the kid in me, I swear. I absolutely love it - I just wish me and the bathing suit were better friends (working on it!). Jeff and I both got in a few laps and KT floated around in her flower ring. On Saturday night when we got in the water, she wasn't quite sure what to think. Picture a very confused face. But she finally adapted. I was worried that a cooler pool temperature this morning would turn her off, but to my surprise, she loved it! She even started kicking in the water - it was so fun!
I think I'm going to try to make a habit of going to the pool early mornings on weekends. I might even sneak a swim or two in on the weeknights - it's such a great workout too!
BUSTED! Jeff with a pink floatie...
3 comments:
cute! great that you have a pool in your neighborhood!!!
I'm so glad that KT was okay with the pool water! Yea! It's so important that she eventually learn to swim...and it looks like a really nice pool, too. Good for them - finally coming through. Who is doing the upkeep? the HOA?
YAHOO!! A Pool!! That's awesome...and you had so many doubts. ;)
Glad you got her in the water early! Her face is priceless here! She's a doll!
Post a Comment