In the past few months, I have really taken a more personal interest in design: both graphic and decor. A visit to my friend Calli's house made me realize that if I just think about it a little longer, and find some inspiration online, I could make things happen! And boy, have I done my homework.
I could spend hours scouring the internet looking at all the great DIY projects out there. In fact, I could spend hours scouring design*sponge alone. I absolutely love this site, and particularly the before and after section. I'm starting to see old beat up furniture in a new light. And I'm regretably mourning the loss of a wooden dresser I sold back in November at a garage sale. I'm on Craigslist daily, looking for a fantastic steal that I can make my pet project. And I've particularly taken an interest in a possible re-upholstering project. Not that I've ever tried it, but really...how.hard.could.it.be? *cue doom music*
And my obsession with graphic design has taken on a life of it's own as well. Although, this is somewhat condusive to my work, so I feel some justification for all the hours I spend on the sites looking for ideas. Mainly, though, I daydream about designing K.T.'s first birthday party - and boy, do I have some great ideas! Here is just a few sites I get inspiration from:
Anyway, the obsession is a bit out of control at the moment, but I hope to start exploring some of my creative side within my own home. Jeff and I are undertaking a DIY project at the moment and I'll post pics as soon as we are through (note: this could take weeks).
1 comment:
Shoot! Shame on you...I've just wasted an hour browsing through these great sites...I could while away a lot of time doing this. Stop me now!
---Mom
Post a Comment