Friday, July 16, 2010

For the Ladies

I've decided to stop pumping. Something I've devoted the past 5 months, 2 weeks and 3 days to. At least 4 times daily. You do the math.

I'll be honest, I wrote a huge post, reviewed it and scrapped it. It was whiny, and bitchy. I've decided that I don't want to hang on to my bad experience, but instead look back and say that, you know what? Despite everything, I did a good job, damnit. A good job!

I met and exceeded all expectations that I put on myself and I am super proud. I did my best for K.T. and that's all I can ask for.

But, my body and my mind are ready to be done. And I'm going to listen to them. So this next week and a half I'm devoting my time to slowing down my production. I'm hoping to be done by next weekend, as I'll be running in my next 5k.

The part I'm looking forward to the most? Not having to wash all those damn pump pieces!

A special thank you to all those who encouraged me to get through the initial madness and to continue on!

2 comments:

The Garcia Novela said...

What a HUGE accomplishment and sacrifice! You go girl! YOU DID DO A GOOD JOB:) Good luck on your 5k!

Cavazos Family said...

Colleen -- you did a fabulous job. It is very tiring to pump and pump and pump -- not to mention the washing and washing and washing. And the organization of it all -- exhausting!!!!

You did great!!! Pat yourself on the back!!!