
It seems like every time a shower or event rolls around I put myself in charge of the sweets. I found a
local shop that makes fantastic cupcakes and have been using them for the past 2 years for various events (birthdays, showers, pregnancy cravings... what?). But it seems like once I get them home, I have NOTHING to put them on for display. So I googled cupcake stands and came across this DIY - simple, easy, and best of all CHEAP (my favorite word).
Supplies:Ceramic Plate or Platter
Candlestick
Hot Glue Gun
I went to TJ Maxx over the weekend and found this plate for $3.99 and the candlestick was on sale for $4.00. I liked the color palette just fine, but if you don't you can always spray paint your candlestick to whatever color or finish of your liking.



Heat your hot glue gun, then squeeze a generous amount along the rim on the top of the candlestick. Turn your plate over and place the top of the candlestick on the middle of the bottom of the plate. Apply pressure for about 20-30 seconds.


And there you go! Easy, simple and beautiful!

I'm planning to make two more of these at varying heights. Personally, I'm going to stick to the white, black and silver color palette as this will fit into almost ANY color palette be it baby shower, birthdays or fancy dinners (not that I throw any of those, but just in case!).
I think it goes without saying (though, I'm saying it!) this is handwash only. Dishwash at your own risk!
2 comments:
Nice! If you used some kind of builder's metal/cement glue you might be able to wash in dishwasher...not sure.
i LOVE this craft project - think i'll do the same. thanks!
Post a Comment