Wow, what a weekend! It was a hard one to return from considering, since I took Friday off, it was a 4-day weekend! So many things happened, it's mostly a blur.
First and foremost, my sweet K.T. turned FOUR MONTHS old on Saturday (the 29th). I can't help myself from tearing up on her month anniversaries. It's a constant reminder of how fast she is growing and how fast life is flying by. She's been such an awesome baby and she's such a vital part of our little family now, it's hard to imagine life without her. She's been babbling up a storm lately, it's hilarious. I got some good footage yesterday and will try to post that video as soon as I can remember to upload it!
First and foremost, my sweet K.T. turned FOUR MONTHS old on Saturday (the 29th). I can't help myself from tearing up on her month anniversaries. It's a constant reminder of how fast she is growing and how fast life is flying by. She's been such an awesome baby and she's such a vital part of our little family now, it's hard to imagine life without her. She's been babbling up a storm lately, it's hilarious. I got some good footage yesterday and will try to post that video as soon as I can remember to upload it!
She's also started to DROOL, everywhere and on everybody, which is an indicator that....yep...she's beginning the early stages of teething. This is also making our baby kind of cranky. :( Grammy came by yesterday to spend some time with her, but unfortunately, K.T. wasn't in much of a mood for visiting. I bought some teething rings for her to gnaw on, but I think they are just too big. I tried to find smaller ones, but there were none. If anyone has any ideas - I'm all ears. Otherwise, I'm going to let her continue gnawing on her lovey and Mama's fingers.
SIL's Pre-race: Me, Lauren & Jenny
In celebration of K.T.'s 4-month, I ran my first 5k for her (with my sister-in-law's). I want her to know how important it is to be active and I am making a pledge to her to remain so. The event was actually a lot of fun, though I'm still not calling myself a "runner" - I don't think I ever will - as it takes so much effort to motivate me to actually do it. I was able to run the entire thing and my time, according to my watch was around 40:50 - can't seem to find out where I can find my official time! This is a great time considering a. I had been running a 5k in about 42:00 minutes at the house on my treadmill and b. This race was longer than a 5k, which is 3.1 miles. I swear I clocked about 3.4 or 3.5 miles on the watch I borrowed from a friend. And, as an update on my weight loss, I shed another 4.4 lbs last week (hot damn!). I've now lost 57lbs since having K.T. (cuh-razy!). Still more to go (sadly). :P Onwards and upwards!
Our little family

K.T. & a very sweaty Mama
After the race, and a celbretory brunch with the family, we took off for Kyle, Texas to celebrate my cousin Sarah and her husband Jason's 30th birthdays (both coming up this week). I was exhausted, and apparently so was K.T., because she spent most of our time there hollering. So we had to call it a little bit earlier then we wanted and head back to S.A.
But the bittersweet silver lining of the weekend was that we have transitioned K.T. into her crib (finally, I know). The first night went pretty well, she only woke once for a bottle. And then straight back to bed till 6am. The second night was a little more rough, I think her gums were hurting, so we brought her back to our room around 3am. Last night was much like the first. She just wanted a bottle and back to bed.Tomorrow, we go to the doctor for our 4-month check up which involves some more shots (Shhhh, no one tell K.T.) and I'm planning to talk to her about teething and starting solid foods. I'll post an update afterwards!
I hope everyone else's weekends were just as enjoyable!

1 comment:
This is so fantastic! First, I am so proud of you! You are an inspiration on so many levels. Second, as I'm sure you know, running outside is *way* different than running a treadmill. So the fact that you rocked a shorter time for the actual race is amazing. Third, as I watch the flickr feed on the side, the close up of your face popped up next to the close up of KT's face and it's wild how similar the pictures are. Don't know if you had noticed, but you should check it out.
You actually have me considering a sprint tri. either way, press on, girl. You are rockin it!
Post a Comment