Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sniffles

Somebody in our house (think cute-as-a-button, blue-eyed, 'bout 2 ft tall) has got the sniffles :( and some other junk in her chest. I tried not to be the parent that freaks out and calls the pediatrician every time something happens to the kid, but after a week solid of chest congestion, I finally called her on Monday. Because K.T.'s not running a fever and still sleeping through the night, they think she may just have a small cold.

So Monday night I ran out to get a vaporizer (at the suggestion of the nurse @ my pedi's office) and have been running that the past 2 nights in her room. We're also having to use saline drops in her nose and clear it out with THE BULB (I hate that thing, and I hate having to use it). I know it helps, but I tried avoiding it as long as possible - it just looks cruel and, let's be honest, no one likes having anything crammed up their nose!

Her cough is still there but not as bad during the night (i'm hoping that vaporizer is doing the trick) but, if this doesn't clear up by the weekend, we are going in to the doc's office. Good thing we already have an appt next week for KT's 4 month check up (more shots! boooo....).

No comments: