I'll not lie, I slacked off on running over the weekend. I was SUPPOSED to run last Friday and again on Sunday, but do you think I did that? Of course not. I'm not sure what my deal was, probably laziness, but it's put me in the position of having to run 3 back-to-back days this week, which is even LESS fun. Laziness, boys and girls, does not pay off. Let this be a lesson to you.Anyway, last night was my first day back on the tread in 4 days. I had to psych myself up on the way home by jamming music, clearing my mind, and trying to beat away the excuses that kept rising of why it would be okay to skip one more night.
But, the run was worth it, because I finally, finally, finally hit the 5k mark (3.1 miles). Finally. Man, that last 1/2 mile was brutal, but I was able to convince myself not to stop or walk it. But you know what the greatest motivation of all time was? This morning I hoped on the scale. The number was WAY better than what I thought! I am now, 15 lbs away from preprego weight. A more detailed weight update will come next Monday (which I'm hoping is even better because I've got 3 more running sessions to get in by then).
Saturday is race day! Part of me is nervous, but, I've been to these events before (if only a spectator) and there are people of all shapes and sizes competing in these things, so it helps calm me.
I told Jeff once this one is over, I need to sign up for the next. I'm thinking I might do the Cougar Classic in Austin at the end of July. I need another goal to keep training for.
1 comment:
CONGRATS on getting to the distance!! :) Your adrenaline will get you through the last 1/2 mile on race day, let me tell ya!! Also, just keep your eye on the prize...all the great people cheering for you at the end!! :)
Ooo...I'll do the Cougar Classic with you in July!! I'm (most likely) going to be coming down for my 10-year high school reunion that weekend and I could stay at Sarah's and run with you on Saturday...what do ya say??
Post a Comment