My first Mothers Day was fantastic (even IF it started with a 6am wake up call). Though that was easily forgivable, considering I was given a gift shortly after! KT and Daddy were rumbling around in the planning center and came back around the corner with a James Avery bag (oh my! not that I had been dropping hints or anything!). It was KT's birthstone ring! And it's just beautiful! She and her Daddy did a GREAT job - it was just what I wanted!
We then went to church for the first time as a family, and even though I was a little nervous, she did FANTASTIC. She bestowed tons and tons of smiles on all the little old ladies who came up to check her out, then half way through service she conked out and not even the brass band playing woke her up!But by far the best gift of the day was when later on we were with family at Mimi's Cafe to go see my grandmother. My Aunt Kathy was holding KT and she started looking at me and smiling and smiling. Then she started making noises. She's been making small noises up to this point, trying to find her vocal chords. But boy, she was really saving it up for today. She started "talking, talking, talking" to me. I just LOVED it. And it, in all honesty, just made me melt. I think there were some laughs in there and even some "ommms" (probably getting that out from all the prenatal yoga we did). But, man, was that just THE BEST. And it lasted for awhile, too! I think it will be one of those memories that I will carry for a long, long time.
We finished up the day with dinner at our house with my parents and we watched How to Tame Your Dragon (such a cute movie!). KT zonked at 7 (her usual time).
I'm so happy I'm a mother to such an awesome, little girl. I can't wait to see all the changes over the next year. And I can't wait to make Jeff's Fathers Day special for him.
Here's a few snaps we took today:

No comments:
Post a Comment