Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Down and Out

I'm slowly getting back in to posting on a regular basis - have you noticed?
Just wanted to put in my weekly recap. I lost another 2.4 lbs this past week! Hot damn!!! I'm so thrilled, I can hardly stand it. We even went to Sea World over the weekend and I was able to control myself. I kid you not, Weight Watchers really is an easy program to follow. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings after the park on Saturday, which made me kind of nervous. But no need! Lauren directed me to a great site - www.dwlz.com/restaurants this wonderful, kind person has done all the leg work and posted Weight Watchers points on many popular restuarants and I was able to choose wisely off the menu.
The only downer over the weekend was that I didnt' work out like I wanted. I had run last Thursday and told myself to try to get in a Saturday or Sunday workout. Well, I missed that mark. So, because I had to make up for that, I'm now having to run 3 nights back to back - no fun! On Monday night I made it to 2.3 miles. I decided to focus on the mileage instead of the time, as it seems to go by longer if I do it that way. My workout always starts off with a 2 minute warm up walk and then I bust into a jog for the remainder of the time, followed by a 4 minute cool down. My total mileage includes warm up/cool down, just fyi.
I had told myself on Tuesday that I wanted to go at least 1/4 mile longer. And I did. I got up to 2.7 miles last night - only .4 left to go till I hit the 3.1 mark (otherwise known as a 5k!).
Tonight, I'm going to attempt to get to 2.9 - and then maybe I'll psych myself into just finishing. But let's not get a head of ourselves!

No comments: