Me thinks this muse business is no joke!
Ever since K.T.'s arrival in late January, I have been riding on a wave of creativity. While it took me a few months to get rolling on most of my ideas, I've finally made some headway. Has crafts and hormones been scientifically linked? I'm serious!
I've been loading my Google Reader with tons and tons and tons of design sites, both graphic and home design. I can't seem to get enough. Oh the ideas that people have! I've already started drafting K.T.'s 1st birthday party in my head (and I complain about time flying!). Pinwheels, and paper pompoms and cupcakes and *head -spinning* (that seems to also be happening alot lately).
My most serious undertaking since January has been making ragquilts. I know I've mentioned this before, but I have been a rag-quilt-making-machine! And I've thus decided that, since I enjoy making them, I'm pleased with the results, and I've had enough support from friends and family, to open my own Etsy shop. An update with that info will be in the forseeable future.
Needless to say this quest has taken me into a flurry of sewing activity! It seems like I've spent every night this week sewing and it looks like this weekend holds much the same. I'm hoping to at least get 3 sewn, 4 if I really push myself.
My friend Lisa is having her baby girl in August and we hosted a shower for her on June 4th. So, as you may have guessed, I made her a quilt with some new (and totally awesome) fabrics I wanted to try out. Here's a pic of her quilt and an idea of what I'll be selling online. And seriously, if you'd like to order one, please hit me up! :)
4 comments:
AWESOME!! :) GREAT WORK!
I want to order one for a friend who is having her baby in about two weeks.... no pressure on timing...I can send it after! Let's chat...it's a boy...
I'll call ya or email...
:)
EM
PS. About this creativity...KEEP it COMING!! ;) I want to see pics!
You are amazing! I'm also starting a side business sewing dog clothes! I need to check out etsy more... congrats on your side business!
btw... I've also been planning Xia's first bday in my head... glad i'm not the only one!
I LOVE this quilt and know the baby will too! -Lisa
Post a Comment