Thursday, June 17, 2010

Chow Time!

I had been anticipating K.T. turning 4 months for quite some time. My reason you ask? Introduction of solid food. I can not tell you how sick and tired I am of washing bottles and cleaning and washing and cleaning and washing and.... *my head is spinning*. Come now, I am not so naiive as to think that it would all be over at 4 months, but it is a STEP in the right direction. Roughly 8 more months to go (*cringe*).
It's no surprise that as soon as the pedi gave us the green light I went down to Target to buy some introductory foods for K.T. While my doctor told us to start with fruits, I had heard that starting with veggies would be best. She also told us to start with 1 food (1tbsp) at 4 months, 2 foods at 5 months and 3 foods by 6 months. Pppppffffffffftttttt.
This is good in theory, but truth be told, I'm making it up as I go and seeing how K.T. handles it along the way. For instance, the first morning of rice cereal went well, aside from the facial expressions on K.T.'s mouth which, if vocalized, probably went something like "This is the blandest thing I have ever tasted" - so the next morning I mixed in some apples. And voila! *yummo*
After her bottle at night, we give her a veggie. It's been mostly HIT - but we are not, and I repeat, NOT a fan of sweet potatoes (takes after her Mama here). Man, the faces she make are hilarious as indicated below in Figure A and B:

Figure A

Figure B

And although I never quite KNEW that I was supposed to watch her for 3 days to make sure she didn't develop a food allergy, I'd miraculously fallen into that routine anyway, as to make sure not to waste any of this ridiculously expensive food. Did I mention I need a baby food cookbook? right.

2 comments:

Cavazos Family said...

Colleen -- those pics are so hilarious!!! love them!

EssentialEm said...

That face is SO. STINKIN. CUTE. I love her expressions!!!