As promised, though not in a such a timely fashion, I wanted to post a little recap on K.T.'s 4-month check up that was last week. About two weeks prior to going in, I called the pediatrician's office to talk to them about this cold she had. Since she didn't have a fever and the sniffles weren't really affecting her sleep, they told us to use a vaporizer (which we did, and this actually helped her cough/stuffy nose alot). She seemed to be getting better, but a few days before her checkup she started getting a little fussy - nothing horrible, but she just wasn't her normal, happy-go-lucky self.
Fast forward to last Wednesday, after taking her weight (14.4lbs) and height (24 inches), the doctor came in to check her out. After doing her routine check, she noticed her ears were a bit red and diagnosed her with a minor ear infection in both ears (what?! - how did I NOT catch that?). She asked about the cold and mentioned that many times kids catch ear infections from them - 80% of the time they go away on their own. But the redness concerned her a bit, that she thought she needed an antibiotic. Luckily for us, they make these things taste pretty good for the baby so it's not torture to get her to take the liquid (relapse back to her first few days of life when we had to FORCE FEED her...no thank you!). But I've noticed a drastic change in her disposition :D the past few days - must of been those stinkin' ears!
And while I'm on the subject of body parts - I will admit another thing I didn't realize. While I'm always looking at her littly pudgy toes, I noticed that her toe nails had gotten a bit long - umm...excuse me, but I JUST got comfortable with using the cutter on her fingers, now I have to worry about toes? On a baby that is now LOVING the fact that she has them? (new discovery) So, I pulled out the trusty baby cutters and attacked her toenails - um, yeah... they had TOTALLY left a small indition in her skin (meaning, I was UBER neglectful in my Mom duties) - fyi, new moms. Cut your kids toenails a lot sooner than 4 months. #momfail - Ah the joys and guilt of figuring these things out on my own (not).
We've also started introducing KT to solid foods - obviously not much, but we've started feeding her some rice cereal in the mornings before school. Jeff calls it baby-malt-o-meal :) - which yeah I guess it kind of is! I'll admit, she's not a huge fan, she seems to like carrots and even peas more then the cereal. But I did mix in a bit of baby banana food the other day (just a hint) which she seems to like so much better. I've decided that when the time comes, I'm going to make baby food myself - so please, send recipes if you've got 'em!
All-in-all, we've got a happy and healthy baby, and I can't ask for much more then that. Discovering her personality has been one of my most favorite things - what makes her smile, what makes her laugh. I leave you with these pics of my happy girl:
3 comments:
super super cute Colleen!!! You are too funny -- don't stress about those little toenails, you are doing a fabulous job -- it shows in KT's face/smile.
I can't get over how cute the bath pics are with her little towel over her head. :) I LOVE IT!! :)
I'd like an 8 x 10 of that cute little Yoda pic at the bottom right, please! OMG...she brings tears to my eyes, she's so darn cute!!
Post a Comment