
I've been toting this picture around in my car since March 2009. It was collected for my Dad's 60th birthday party and I'd been meaning to scan it in to add to my digital collection. My parents' use to throw some kickin' halloween parties when I was little. The print date on the back of this picture was from November 1983. I think I look older, but I guess there's no arguing with Kodak! Mom was a Hawaiin girl (I remember seeing her dress), Dad a mummy (pretty awesome job on the costume! probably Mom's work), I was a princess (another costume I have vivid memories of), and JR was....well...i'm not really sure WHAT JR was. A bat? Someone enlighten me.
They used to set up the garage to have stations - like a fishing pole station. Throw your line over the wall, and reel it in with a halloween treat! It was awesome. When we got older, and JR was active in the Boy Scouts, we started helping out with the Pipe Creek Community Center Halloween bash. Cake Walks, Costume Contests, etc. Oh man, the memories I have of this event. Mom even hand painted a HUGE Monster sign to be displayed from the highway. She was (IS) so crafty.
I love Halloween. I can't wait to help create memories for KT!
7 comments:
oh that is so much fun!!! good job on getting your hands on this pic!!!
What is KT for Halloween??
Yes, these are great memories! I loved the parties
Ha! Those parties were fun! Thanks for the trip down memory lane :o)
Hey, that's me and Em in the background! I'm the witch (turned around) and she is the baby clown.
Good Times
Sarah, I have a picture SOMEWHERE (or maybe Mom does) of you and me at this same party :) *must find* :)
HEY!! I just saw me & Sarah too!! :) hahah....old pics are AWESOME!
This may have been where we started the "unphotogenic family" tradition. You notice that none of us have matching genres or themes...a princess, a mummy, a pudgy Hawaiian girl and a (bat? skeleton?). What were we thinking?
Post a Comment