Thursday, October 07, 2010

Pearl Brewery Farmers Market

We've been really bad about getting "out" lately, so I've been making it a point to do some outings on the weekend as a family. I'd been wanting to check out the Pearl Brewery Farmers Market for some time now, so a few weekends ago (9.25) we headed down there.

Parking was pretty easy, considering it was downtown. So have no fears about that. I will say that the farmers market is small. Don't go down there expecting some huge to do with fresh vegetable spilling over in abundance and fresh eggs, etc. They exist, it's just not as much of a production as it was in my head. But I wasn't disappointed. Namely, because this is San Antonio. This is new for us. This is promising and can lead up to become a big to do someday. And it's a great start.

I just loved the lighting. Industrial!



They had two bakeries selling delicious looking sweets, and foccacia bread, and banana bread, and the list goes on. There was a chocolatier. A cheesemaker. A grass grazed beef booth. Pork. Chicken. Fresh Eggs. A Lavendar Farm (which I've actually been to, about 3 years ago), a mobile cupcakery and a few other specialty booths. It's a good hour long outing for the family, for sure.

There are other boutiques down there that didn't really look too stroller friendly, so we stayed away from them, but at least KT was stimulated by all the people watching, by all the scents and by all the activity. She didn't say as much, but I'm pretty sure she had a great time!
Sahweet Cupcakes - I've been following them on Twitter for awhile now and finally got a chance to check them out!

okay, we bought six - we were meeting up with our nieces, our sil and her sister and nephew, so we came prepared!

No comments: