This walking business has been interesting to say the least. I thought for sure we'd be walking for our 1st birthday, but apparently, she was not ready. Which is fine. I didn't want to force the issue. But now...now we are almost 14 months and while we've been making serious strides (no pun intended) we still have some work to do.
I wouldn't say that we hold her all the time, so I don't think that is the reason she hasn't been intersted. I seriously think that our little girl has a stubborn streak, which is becoming more and more apparent in her personality (another post entirely). Therefore, I think she's not walking simply because...well, we want her to.
Almost one month ago, she took her first few steps. In which she didn't repeat for several more days. In fact, she would only take a few steps, if there was something in it for her. Such as an ice cream sandwich (what? it was skinny cow) Observe:
However, Jeff and I have actively been making a point to put her on the ground and walk her from room to room. Or walk her outside. No more carrying. And sometimes she does great. In fact, this week we are walking more and more, but it's only a matter of let's say 1/2 the distance of a room, then she sits down and crawls the rest of the way. And in some cases, looks up to us as to say "I don't think so" - stinker!
Sometimes when we put her on her feet to walk, she crumples immediately. This is an ABSOLUTE NO. It's almost immediately followed with a bit of tantrum. But again, I'm saving that for another post.
I think we are oh so close to walking "full-time" - school has even mentioned that she's been walking more and more there as well.
Come on my sweet girl! We have a summer full of exciting adventures which require skipping, and playing! We need legs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Shakey cam!!! I played this for everyone at work...so cute!!
She is so there! She just needs more motivation Mom (ie, ice cream sandwiches!!)
she is doing GREAT!!!! yeah!!!
awesome!
Post a Comment