Sunday, March 06, 2011

KT is 13 months

Katherine Teal Koenig at 13 months


on.... March 1? I suppose. Since there is no February 29th.... how odd now that I am really thinking about it.

The past month has seen such an interesting change in our little girl. Her affection is growing and growing. Though she only delves out the kisses when she feels like them. I definitely bribe her though. "I'll hold your lovey for ransom, if you don't give me kisses." Shameless, yes. Does it work? Heck, yes!

Punching in numbers on her cell phone and sitting on her new chair
(had to get one after seeing her excitement over chairs at friends houses)


Although we aren't walking on our own yet, we are definitely showing progress. Standing without holding on to things (though we are wobbly). But man, the girl can get around on that walker. I am going to try to let her use that less and less though so she can get more comfortable on her own. I also am making a conscience effort for us not to carry her everywhere. Jeff and I have now started walking her from room to room. I can only see this helping. I'm hoping 14 months will see her walking on her own!



KT made this at school with her teachers for Dr. Seuss' birthday!

Grown attachments to toys, and recognition. KT absolutely LOVES her Olivia books. She will pick them out of a stack and just point and make noises to that book as if to say "READ ME OLIVIA, NOW!" :) The same goes for anything and everything Mickey Mouse. She gets so excited she can hardly stand it!

KT loves spaghetti! Mama has learned to strip her down before she chows down!

She's got such a mischievous smile, it's so cute, but oh my can only mean trouble is a coming. Or, actually, might be here already if this week was any indication. Along with age, comes the frustration of communication. She so desperately what's to tell us things or ask us to do things and instead of communicating, we get fits and tantrums. This week has been particularly rough along those lines.

If you say, "Where's KT?" this is what she does! Such a smart cookies!

I picked her up from school on Thursday only to have TWO "incident reports" waiting for me to sign. One, fine. Two??? Two, KT? Really? And for the same thing? BITING A FRIEND! two minutes apart! Oh, Lord! I'm really going to have to figure out this discipline thing. I feel like I've been saying "No!" for the past 4-5 months already, but now it's going to have to get more serious. It's hard to teach a kiddo what's right and wrong when she doesn't act up or bite us at home. It's going to be a learning experience that is for sure.

My dearest daughter, you have become more amazing to us this past month. Your level of interaction has your Daddy and I in constant states of amusement, laughter and amazement. You are such a joy to watch grow each day and we are so excited to see the amazing person you turn out to be. Discovering your personality has been such an exciting time for all of us. The next year is going to be such an interesting one. I can not wait to share your stories for you and capture the moments with my camera. I love you, Goose!

Love, Mama
XOXO

1 comment:

pittypatpages.blogspot.com said...

She's going thru that "oral" stage that they all go through - she just hasn't learned to use her fists yet! Yikes! ha ha! Discipline is the hardest thing ever. You'll get thru it! Thankfully she's a lovey most of the time!