Tuesday, March 29, 2011

KT is 14 Months

My little girl is 14 months old today, and total, 100% attitude. We are in for it, folks! I think the following picture best describes our household these days. I asked her to smile for Mama. This is what I got instead. Okay, okay, okay, it's not like that ALL the time. My sweet girl still comes out. And she delves out some awesome snuggle time - I mean, seriously, one day I'm really going to miss that time we have together. Doesn't this next face just make you want to kiss her all over!

But then, after a moment of snuggles, we are back to this:



And this:


And sometimes there is just shouting because we want to be heard:



But then we are back to snuggles and sweetness and all that 'tude goes to the back of our mind:






And then, "Okay, fine Mama. I'll smile for you!"



"How 'bout this smile Mama?"



"Now I'll just blow raspberries"



Total happiness, right here:



Oh, my sweet girl, what a personality we are going to have on our hands! But Mama would expect no less for her girl. We are starting to learn some bad habits such as pitching fits and using our hands in anger. But your Daddy and I are definitely trying to put this to an end as soon as possible and teach you how to be gentle and not react so quickly. So while we MAY seem to you like our mouths are constantly saying "No, No, No" - please know that we love you so much, and that is why we do what we do. I can only say, that we are both a little apprehensive of the 2's if this is what the early 1's are like! ha!


We have discovered that the best form of discipline for you at this age is to put you in your crib. My how you HATE that. But, that's the point isn't it? Tough love is very difficult, KT girl. It's hard to here you cry, but you are learning life's difficult lessons and will be such a better person later on because of it.


Your teachers at school still love you! I mean, why wouldn't they, have you looked in the mirror lately? However, instead of asking me if you got an "Incident Report" every day, I told Daddy to start asking me if you DIDN'T get an "Incident Report" that day. Ha! Between trying to figure out those feet of yours, opening doors, and getting underfoot. It seems like we are having a lot of little bumps lately. Unfortunately, clumsiness runs in the family. I wish I could tell you the end was in sight, but you still have to get through those awkward teen years one day.


Walking is our next conquest. Are you walking? Yes. But boy, oh boy, you decide only to do this on KT's terms. When you want to. And no other time. I bought you some squeaker shoes, that, while it may annoy others, hopefully will encourage you to walk longer (as to keep the squeaks going!). There are times when Mama and Daddy want you to go for awhile, but if you aren't up to it, then FORGET ABOUT IT. Fine. Understood. But I will be constantly pushing you these next few weeks. After the activities I have planned for the summertime, you will understand why!


Happy 14-month birthday, Goose. You. Are. Completely. Awesome. and such a Joy to have in our lives.


Love, Mama (and Daddy)

XOXOXOXO

3 comments:

Cavazos Family said...

sweet sweet letter Colleen!!!

Cavazos Family said...

and FABULOUS pics!!! love her different expressions....and your comments to go with each one

Crystal Kastner said...

Happy 14 months to your cutie pie! Good Luck with all that "Personality slash Attitude"!!