KT's car seat, affectionately called "the bucket", has been noticeably getting smaller and smaller. Or wait, is it that KT is getting bigger and bigger? Yes, I think it's that last one. Plus, after a six hour car ride (one way) two weekends ago, I had mercy on her. Poor thing just was getting TIRED of the super recline position.
Most carriers only go to 22lbs, which is what she weighed in at 2 weeks ago. Our bucket goes to 30lbs, but now I've figured out (see? I'm learning! aha!) that who wants to lug around a 30lb baby + an additional 20lbs of car seat? That's enough to make my back hurt just thinking about it.
Plus, 30lbs or not, she was starting to look cramped in that bad boy. So we did a lot of research and decided to go with a Britax. Here's a word to the bargain hunter - always check the clearance section in Babies R Us. You will find some steals! For example, the one we chose was marked down $50 - then we brought a 20% off coupon which marked it down another $56 dollars. Over $100 in savings - HELLO!?! I love it.
I was scared she wasn't going to adjust well, but she took to it right away. Did I mention we have the easiest baby ever? (not sure how we got so blessed) After another 2 hour car ride (and 1.5 hrs in que) this past weekend, we definitely noticed her comfort level had increased.
Now, all we have to look forward to is turning the seat to forward facing. KT is becoming frustrated with her inability to look around at her surroundings.
2 comments:
what a ride!!!
so i should show you a pic of our backseat.....not because the 2 carseats is of any interest. But we have a few babies, blankets, books, chew toys (for Cam), stuffed animals & i think even a pair of maracas. Oh yeah -- and a few acorns sprinkled around since Cyanna loves to "collect" these things.
ok -- you have just given me my next idea for the blog :)
thanks!!!
I do have to admit, we JUST cleaned out the back after our trip this weekend. We did have SEVERAL toys back there (and some trash....) so it's better than normal :)
Post a Comment