Tuesday, November 09, 2010

It's All About You


To My Beautiful Daughter,

It's time for Mama to refocus again. It's time to own up to the promises I've made to you. Particularly the active/healthy lifestyle ones. You inspire me everyday to be a better person - it's so cliche, but so true. I want to be around for a long time and I want to be able to do some awesome things with you in your life. Like annual ski trips, monthly family hikes, and if you want to go scale a mountain when you are older and you want to drag your Mom along, then I want to be able to do that with you. Weight is controlable - and so is activity. I'm back in the saddle again and I'm looking straight at you, kid. So let's do this. You and me (and Dad too, of course).

We're in it.

Love,
Your Mama
XOXO

4 comments:

pittypatpages.blogspot.com said...

I want to be that mom too, why can't I? Good grief, this made me cry. I'm doing the same - I'm in.

Cavazos Family said...

hey -- i wish we lived closer (and Annah too) so we could motivate each other & meet up for some serious stroller walking/running!!!

The Garcia Novela said...

I give myself prep talks like this all the time!! Our daughters are making us stronger, better women! Way to go!

EssentialEm said...

GO GET 'EM cuz!! We really need to sign up for a tri together...maybe that women's one in Austin???

EM