Jeff and I are going on vacation in a week. This means we are missing 2 weekends in December to decorate/celebrate the Christmas season. So, going against everything I've done in the past, I decided we should decorate early. Weekend after Thanksgiving early. It's true, so many people decorate this same weekend, but it's something I've never done.I want KT to be able to appreciate the decorations while we are gone and I want my parents to be able to enjoy it while they stay at our place and watch her. Plus, I have been really looking forward to this Christmas season and so it made me feel festive.
On Saturday, we ran a ton of errands and bought new lights, a poinsetta, a doormat and a new wreath for the front of the house. We decided to do classic lights this year, you know, the big bulbs. I have to say, I really like the way they look.

KT watching Daddy hang lights

KT watching Daddy hang lights
On Sunday, in keeping with the Forsythe family tradition we headed to the Pipe Creek Christmas Tree Farm to find the perfect Charlie Brown tree for our place. I think KT had a good time, there was a lot to see and take in. Next year, we'll hop on the tractor ride for sure.
Tonight we're decorating the tree. I've made a mental note to place all non-breakable ornaments at the bottom of the tree. Two cats and a baby. We're in trouble. Jeff's mom made us an awesome yo-yo tree skirt that she's been working on for awhile. Once I get it all set up, I'll snap a pic and you'll see how intricate this thing is. Can't wait!
I'd rather gnaw on this than stick my head through it
because I told him I would - love this man!
We found it. The Koenig family christmas tree 2010!

just the right size
Jeff took our "kill" up to the front

Pipe Creek Christmas Tree Farm
3 comments:
great memories caught on film!!!!
She is the best baby -- really -- no fuss, no muss, no bother. She just loves to look around, learn, explore. You are so lucky.
And honestly, we CANNOT go anywhere without the stroller from now on...she's getting too heavy to haul around! Can't wait til she walks!!
awesome post! great pics:)
Post a Comment