Monday, September 27, 2010

Speaking of Famous...

and this is on a much grander scale in my opinion...

I read The Pioneer Woman's blog daily. Aside from her awesome, witty everyday writings, she's a skilled photographer and fabulous cook (well, only via pictures, i've never actually tasted anything of hers). I sat down and read some of her online tutorials a few months ago, and it has totally revolutionzed the way I've been shooting. I'm much improved!

Every so often she has a Photography Assignment in which she collects photos for several days via a pool on Flickr and pics "groups". Then from there she narrows it down to the finalist and pics a winner.

She has thousands of people reading her blog, and judging from how many people submitted a photo in her Flickr pool, she's got thousands of people entering her contests. I enjoy looking at all the pictures in her assignments and finally, at the beginning of September, she had a contest I could finally submit a picture in. So I entered K.T.'s bookworm photo, then I forgot to check back.
On September 12th. I got a message in my email from Flickr. Someone had commented on my Bookworm photo and said "Congrats for being chosen on PW's group 5" - WHAT?! Come again!?!? I was chosen?!? I immediately navigated to PW's site and lo and behold - WE MADE IT!! Here's the full post.
We had some steep competiton - and to be perfectly honest - that cat at the top of the page is HILARIOUS. So.... I can't blame 'em!

and I've officially entered my baby into enough "online" competitions now. Something I told myself I'd never do and then... I break my own rule. I'm done though :) (for now...)

No comments: