Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Add it to the List

K.T. has been making "mama"-ish sounds for awhile now. Sometimes I strain to hear if she is enunciating the words properly, but mostly she's just got the syllables down. But tonight. TONIGHT, was a different story.

Tonight was Jeff's bath night and I was in the kitchen cooking dinner. When Jeff called me and said listen. Then he told K.T. "Mama" in which she responded "Mama" quite clearly! WHAT A TREAT! Then I said, Mama, and she gave me a toothy smile, so I kept repeating it, Mama? Mama? Mama? You get the point. Then slight pause, and "Mama" one more time! Cue clapping and "YEAH, K.T.!!" :) - what an awesome moment.

I know it will take some time for her to get used to saying it more regularly and more directive towards me, but boy, that was such a great moment. I can't believe we are here already. Though, I know some of you always KNEW I'd have a talker so it shouldn't surprise some of you that this came early!

Now, to work on "Daddy".

1 comment:

pittypatpages.blogspot.com said...

I predict that you will soon be paying her piggy bank some dimes for "just 10 minutes of silence!" ha ha ha!