Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Weekend Adventure: Corpus Christi

Our weekend adventure at the coast

The plan was simple. We were just planning on going to see our friend Carilee's softball team play in Beeville, about an hour north of Corpus Christi, then head home. But, on Thursday night, I got to thinking, since we're so close and all, and KT's never been to the beach, and I'm all about the new experiences, etc..... thus the plan for going to the coast for the weekend was born! And the Ullevig's, who were also just going to go to the game, were on board as well! w00t!


We got to spend the weekend with this cutie (Connor)




On Saturday morning, we headed (as planned), down to Beevill to watch the Poth Pirettes kick some Bishop tail! I was getting a little worried in the 5th inning. But then, their catcher hit a homer and brought two runs in, tying the game. Another two runs were made by the Pirettes and it was a WIN! So happy for Coach Robbins and her Poth Pirettes!



Coach Robbins with her team


Afterwards we grabbed a quick bite and headed to Corpus. We checked in to the hotel and immediately hit the beach. Alas, our "water time" was nonexistent as there were WAY too many jellies in the water. Only the occasional drunk fool was seen floating in the water.


KT was so excited - "What is this?!?!"

First time touching water in the Gulf of Mexico

KT LOVED the sand. She went wild! Sand was EVERYWHERE!


Connor just laughed at how crazy she was acting. His laugh was awesome!


Jeff even buried her in it. She stayed in there a long time (surprised!)


the only thing missing here is a little bit of baby butt crack (what?)


Family Photo Fun


We had to get creative with "time outs" - j/k!


The next morning, we went to the Texas State Aquarium. KT did so well at the Houston Zoo a few weeks back I just knew she'd love this! And she did - she was pretty patient through the entire dolphin show and everything!


KT and Daddy checking out the fish


KT, Mama, Connor and Sarah outside the dolphin tank


The Ullevig's


The Koenig's


Overall, we had a great trip - KT traveled like a champ - thank you, Lord, for giving me such an easy child! Have I ever truly thanked you for that?


We definitely want to go back to the coast again this summer for some more water time. Hopefully somewhere where there are less jellyfish! :(

3 comments:

Cavazos Family said...

LOVE your spontaneity!!!

Great pics!!!

NENe said...

Adorable!! NeNe needs to bring her sandbox to her!

Sarah said...

Glad we could both put our super planner personalities aside and do this-Toby, Connor, and I had a great time!
Great pictures, but after seeing me in them...I need to get some more sun! whoa white legs! I may need you photo shop some bronzer!