Today has been a great day. I started it out by running 3.12 miles. It's easy to tell yourself "it's a holiday, I'll take a break" but today, this day reminds me why I do run. For my daughter. It's my commitment to her. So I felt that running this morning just reinforced that. And it was a damn good run, might I add. I could of gone longer, it felt that good.
My awesome husband cooked us a great breakfast and I got the best Mother's Day card from my two loves.
We then headed over to see my Grandma - she's 83 now and lives in assisted living home, as she suffers from dementia. I'm not quite certain that she even knew that we were there. But, life moves fast, very fast, and I want KT to know her family while they are still here. We even did Grandma's hair!
Rebecca Jo Vahalik Schwencke (age 83)Home for naps around 2:30 and then it was off to Grammy & Grumps for some BBQ. I've been wanting to do a photo shoot with KT for some time now, and having my new camera is just...well...no excuse not to! I'll highlight the pics in another post.
7:30pm, headed home, completely exhausted. She went down like a champ tonight. Great day :)
7:30pm, headed home, completely exhausted. She went down like a champ tonight. Great day :)




2 comments:
sounds like a nice day!!! Happy Mothers Day!!
I love the picture of Grandma! Thanks for a great mother's day! Love you!
Post a Comment