Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Train (in Concert)

We watched the Rodeo for about 2 hours before Train came on

and now for the main event

So Jeff and I aren't big concert goers. It's definitely not because we aren't passionate about music, because we both love music. It's mostly because we're cheap. Okay, fine, I'm cheap. Spending all that money to listen to someone sing music I can hear on my iPod at home just seems ridiculous to me.

But, as a general rule, I'm trying to lighten up. I don't want to miss opportunities during this point in my life because I didn't want to spend the money sometimes.

We found out the band Train was going to be in town for the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo, and after both of us looking at each other with a questioning brow raise, we said "do you?" - I love Train. So why the hell not!

Of course, all the affordable tickets were sold out online. So we took to Craigslist and Jeff found a reasonable pair! So, SCORE!

Let me just say, we had a fantastic time! Train is awesome in concert - the main vocals, Patrick Monahan, has THE most beautiful voice. Jeff and I both agreed. So many times people sound horrible live, but man, these guys were GOOD! They sang all my favorites, "Meet Virginia", "Hey, Soul Sister", "Drops of Jupiter" and so many more.

If you have the opportunity to go see these guys - I highly recommend. Happy Valentine's Day to us!



1 comment:

The Garcia Novela said...

I read your post and ... realized that we too need to take the time and spend a little $ next year at the rodeo & go see a concert! I'm way cheap, too, so your post hit home:) Glad it was amazing...love train, too.