


Though looking back, I see all the amazing experiences that we've shared with her. I thought I'd just highlight the last 12 months of our lives together.
- Her birth. What an amazing thing to witness. Although I had a C-section, it doesn't lessen the experience of bringing life into this world.
- The feeding issues. Working through those. The tears, the triumphs.
- Her first smiles. Man, we ate those up.
- Singing Ziggy Marley to her. All. the. time. Because it was the only thing that soothed her.
- Sleep deprived nights. And early, early mornings.
- Running two 5k's, dedicating them to KT, and a healthy lifestyle.
- The jumparoo, that blessed, blessed toy that gave M&D free hands and gave KT endless hours of entertainment.
- Watching lots of Phineas & Ferb, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Agent Oso!
- KT's first sickness at 4 months, ear infection, followed by the coxsackie virus that gave her a body rash.
- Another ear infection.
- The first time she turned over.
- The first time she crawled (so exciting).
- The first time she started using her push cart to walk (the newest thing!)
- Teeth - OH THE TEETH! I think we are at 10 right now.
- Acid bathes (lotioning).
- Fun in the tub!
- Cuddles and kisses - open mouthed and sloppy - my FAVORITE kind of kisses!
- And my favorite, the nights when we rock to sleep, just looking at each other and taking the moment in. To me, at that moment, you see so much, KT. You look like you know so much more than you possibly could at 1 year old. I love those moments. I have treasured everyone of those.
- An amazing birthday party to celebrate with close family and friends. I wish I could of invited more people, but the house could only hold so many people! Next year!
- And so many other moments cherished!
Happy First Birthday, My Beautiful Daughter. I never knew. I just NEVER knew that you could bring this much LOVE. I can't wait to see what the next year holds for you.
Love, Mama

KT and her yoga buddies all turn 1 this week! Cameron (Saretta), KT (moi), Xia (Annah)

Cam, KT & Xia

I made KT her own smash cake but she wasn't interested AT ALL!

Cupcakes for the party - butterflies!

I made cupcakes for KT's class/teachers to celebrate!
2 comments:
Colleen -- i had tears in my eyes reading this. you are so right!! how special
We had so much fun celebrating with you KT! Many more blessings to you and your family. Cant wait to spend some quality time with you!!!!!
Post a Comment