Wednesday, January 26, 2011

On the Eve of 31

Tomorrow I turn 31.

I watched a short video earlier today that someone posted on Facebook. It had me in tears, and it's just got cartoon sketches in it. But, it made me think:

you made need to open up with You Tube to see the entire screen


I really loved the message of this video and I particularly like the "Make a Gratitude List" - so I decided that I'd make one. In honor of my birthday.

I am grateful for:
  • My life and the fact that I get to live this miracle.
  • Being able to give the gift of life to KT and being able to share it with her. To be able to witness all the milestones she's made in the first year. It's truly amazing.
  • My husband, whom I can not even describe how much I love, and whom I promise not to take for granted because one day I'll give anything for just one more day with him.
  • My family. Every single one of them. No matter how crazy they drive me. I know I am loved.
  • My health. In which sometimes we get caught up in little complaints, and self pity parties, not realizing things could be a lot worse.
  • My house. Realizing that so many people in this great world don't have the space and luxuries that we have been offered.
  • My job. So many people are still without, busy though it may be, I will always be grateful that I have one.
  • My friends. Every one of them. Whether near or far. They range in personalities and tastes. I love that about every single one of them. And I embrace that.
  • My animals. I've really realized this one lately. With the loss of Ceiba. There's something about love from a furry child that is amazing. I know they are more intuitive than we think.
  • For compassion. Something I've discovered more in these past few years.
  • For my freedom. Something we all take for granted. On a daily basis. I'm able to speak my mind and not be ostracized for doing so.
  • And finally, my age. That i can say I've lived 31 amazing years, and think not to complain about that age, thinking of so many others that would have given anything to make it this far.

3 comments:

pittypatpages.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful! I love you! You'll always be my baby girl.

Cavazos Family said...

this is so sweet! and true! something great for you to document

Crystal Kastner said...

Well said Colleen. This brought tears to my eyes and made me realize everything I take for granted myself. Thank you for sharing and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!