Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Scholastic Books

One of the most vivid memories I have of my grade school years is of the Scholastic book order forms. That 4 page, newspaper style printed piece of literary heaven that came home with me in my book bag every six weeks. I remember going home and looking up and down and up and down and up and down through that catalog circling things in marker so that Mom and Dad knew exactly what I wanted. Like, hello M&D? Why can't I order everything in there? It's no fair! Life is so unfair! *end 8-year old tantrum*

But, in reflection, Mom and Dad did let me order quite a few things from Scholastic - they were always very good about encouraging reading. Something I will make sure to pass on to my kids. KT is not lacking in the library department, but I encourage and welcome any books that come her way. Too many or not.

Back to the point. Scholastic. Right.

Well KT's daycare sends home a Scholastic book order form with her about every six weeks as well. I received one on the 2nd day of her attending daycare, and from there on out, I knew we were destined to go there. Call it a sign if you will.

Considering daycare is a huge expense in itself and also the fact that I ordered WAY too many pics of her on her first photo shoot at school, I've been holding off on ordering a Scholastic book order because well, you know. Once you break the seal...and that whole theory.

But the last time it came home with her, I thought I'd place an order. The books are extremely affordable, and if you order online, the daycare automatically gets to order a free book. What better incentive than that?

So I placed an order. I think I got all 7 of these books for under $15. I can't wait to read them to KT. I can't wait for all the future Scholastic book orders that she comes home with in the future. I can't wait to peruse through it after she's circled all her choices and debate with Jeff just how much will allow "this time". Ahhh, what great memories.

3 comments:

EssentialEm said...

Aww!! FUN!! Do you remember when they set up in the library too? It was so much fun to go down and find a new something to get... ahh...

Here's your first excuse - KT's one on Saturday...you've got to get an early start on her education. :)

Cavazos Family said...

fun!!! love it

Megs Stapleton said...

Check with the daycare too. Desmond's has it set up so if you order online, his class gets a new book too.

Love it!