Okay, before I start this post, let me tell you that I utterly failed as a photographer this past weekend. I am so disappointed. I left my camera at Rick & Lauren's house when we went to the zoo. And this morning when I grabbed the cam to take pics of KT in her dress, I realized I didn't have the right CF card - I could of kicked myself. Seriously. Who call's themselves a photographer and then forgets it for a. KT's first trip to the zoo b. KT's first Easter egg hunt - me. That's who. FAIL!
We left San Antonio early Friday morning and headed to Houston for the Easter weekend. We stayed with Jeff's brother and his family. Arriving around 11am, Lauren mentioned they were headed to see the movie Rio and did we want to come. KT has never been to the movies (Jeff and I were avid movie-goers pre-baby), and I wasn't really sure if she was ready to go. I was wavering, so I asked Jeff what he wanted to do. He said he wanted to go. So we took a leap of faith and tried it. The theater was so crowded, we had to sit in the 3rd row in FRONT. Yikes. But it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be on the neck. KT was very interested at first. The previews went great. She's into cats lately (and birds) so when the preview for the African Cats movie came on, there was a lot of growling from her. It was super cute. Then Rio started and she was enthralled...for about 5 minutes.
Then the hot dog was served. That took about another 15 minutes of her attention (whew) and then we had a series of try to quietly entertain your baby while not disturbing others activities. Finally, about 40 minutes into the movie, she crashed. And slept the entire way through it. Whew. I now know she is definitely NOT ready to sit through an entire movie. But, it could of been worse! ha!
Side note, Rio was super cute. Loved the story line and the characters were cute. GREAT for older kiddos! That can sit....through an entire movie. :)
Saturday morning we went to the Houston Zoo. Somewhere I had never been. Jeff and I are trying to make it a point to go see an attraction of interest every time we go to Houston. Just to explore the City more. And to keep KT entertained and it's fun to discover Houston a little more each time. Even though I've been going there for the past 13 years. KT was SO EXCITED when we first got to the zoo, that we could hardly keep the girl from sitting on her booty while we were towing the wagon. She watched everything, so intently. It was awesome to see. We started with the birds, maybe because we had just seen Rio and it was an association thing, but she loved them.
We had to make sure we went to see the Lion and the Tiger and then the Bears. Not to be Wizard of Ozish, but KT really has been into those three animals too. The bear noise she learned when we went to Tahoe, but the Lion "roar" is such a new thing.
She rode on her first carousel ride too (on the panther as some other kiddo snagged the Tiger). At first she panicked for a second when I put her on there, but once we started moving, she loved it. All in all, it was such a success! I hope to post pictures later this week, as we used Nene's camera to take get all the shots.
The Easter Bunny delivered KT a new Olivia doll (to switch back and forth with the other one and as a "back up" in case Mom & Dad leave the other Olivia doll at home. Not like that's ever happened *shifty eyes*), an Olivia book, an Easter Bunny book and a new pair of flip flops (Teva mushes - Mom & Dad's fave!). I'll have to post a pic of that later.... cause OF COURSE I didn't forget too.... *shift eyes* (Colleen makes off to living room to "reassemble" and stage Easter basket - yeesh, I am SO off my game this weekend).
I got in a 2.5 mile run this morning with Lauren. I actually enjoyed myself the entire run! What? Who said that? And what have you done with the old Colleen? But seriously, at the end of the run, I thought we had only run a little over a mile. Turns out it was 2.5! Hello! I would of died a few weeks back. Yay for workouts finally paying off! Just wish that was also working on the scale! ha!
After we all got ready, we went to church with Rick and Lauren then headed over to Jeff's parents house for Easter Lunch. After dinner, we had an Easter Egg Hunt in the backyard, which went pretty well for her first time. KT finally got the hang of putting them IN her basket! ha! Observe the Easter Egg Hunt:
It was definitely a packed weekend. We are now home. Exhausted. And sadly, we have work tomorrow. So too bad for recovery time. Le Sigh.
Happy Easter everyone. Hope you all spent it with loved ones.
A quick shout out and a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY as well to my brother and his wife, Ashley! Last year at this time we were enjoying one hell of a party! w00t!
1 comment:
We missed you'all so much! Can't wait to see KT!
Post a Comment