Monday, March 12, 2012

New Tricks

I went back to manual mode on my camera this weekend. I've been shooting in the other program modes for a little too long and "forgot" some basics. Some very cool basics.

Dad and Jeff were playing around with this crossbow that Dad got for $10 off of woot.com - trust me when I say it wasn't even worth $5 - ha! But this lent a good opportunity for me to play around with my fstop settings. Got some pretty neat shots out of it.
Don't worry this wasn't loaded and I actually ASKED him to point it at me





Took this right after he fired - obviously the focus could have been better but I got some great capture of the dust (?) flying off the bow and check out that bokeh in the back. Love that effect. Just need to work on the focus.