Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Aches and Pains

I've done something to my neck.

Last week it was my back.

And the week before, my legs.

Can I attribute this all to age? Or perhaps lack of mobility these mast few weeks (due to rigid deadlines and harsh working hours)? Or can I, let's face it, blame it on stress? See previous two reasons.

Last night I lounged on an ice pack for 2 hours straight. I got up to check on something only to realize the ice pack had soaked through my shirt and part of the couch, but that I couldn't feel it because the chill had completely numbed my entire upper back. The trade off? The pain was gone.

The *almost* immediate realization after I had been off the ice pack for 5 minutes? The pain had returned.

When I stress, I stress full body, so it seems. Internal? Blood pressure. External? Apparently a complete muscle seizure.

Is this normal? The pain was so intense last night it left me physically sick to my stomach, which doesn't happen often.

I think the Japanese have it right and this is how we need to start our mornings. Afterall, if some people can take smoke breaks, this is only fair. Am I right?

No comments: