Wednesday, August 10, 2011

On the Eve of Change

Tomorrow is KT's last day in Infant III. She’s moving classes and changing teachers. I have such mixed feelings about this, as I did at this time last year. For a full year you put your trust in these teachers, you get to know them, and they are one of the few, aside from yourself, who knows all your child’s quirks. Their attitude. Their nuances. And even though we are only moving classrooms, and these teachers will for the most part still be there, it’s never quite the same is it? (Excuse me while I run to get a tissue) Some of these teachers are leaving – as they’ve found new opportunities. So there are going to be some tear-filled goodbyes.

Today, I finished our projects for the teachers. I wanted to give them something to show them my appreciation. I know they get paid for their job, but for someone who watches my child 50 hours a week, I can never express enough gratitude. On Sunday, Mom helped me sew together the zipper bags. They turned out so cute! I am so happy with the results.


Today, I wrote an individual note to each teacher. Sharing our appreciation (all from KT's perspective of course). I designed a card and included the thank you pictures I took over the weekend. And to add a touch of "personalization" - I cut out a "bite mark" in the upper right corner of the cards - as KT is well-known for her biting habits (not good, I know). But truth nonetheless.


I then printed out her most recent photo to include. Made some labels from a template I found via Pinterest (I'm telling you, I'm in LOVE!). And voila! Handmade with love. Seriously.



There will be tears tomorrow. From me. No doubt. I am sad. But I have to remember that I felt the same way last year. Wary of the new teachers that I now have come to trust. Wish us luck tomorrow, it's going to be a tough one.

So if one of you teachers just happens to stumble across this blog, I think this picture sums it all up:

2 comments:

Crystal Kastner said...

What a wonderful gift for her teachers!! And I love the bite mark! So clever. I got choked up just reading this. Her teachers will love it.

The Garcia Novela said...

wow - colleen you amaze me with your creativity! Xia is moving up, too. I am sure going to miss her teachers as well. hope all went well ...