Jeff and I celebrated seven years of marriage on October 1st. I love this picture of us. Just love it. My girlfriend who took the pics gave me the CD's a few years back and.... well, I've misplaced them somewhere. They are there, I know it. Somewhere buried in something. But I need to find them soon because I need to get this bad boy printed and up on a wall. Plus I need to store the digitals before CD technology is a thing of the past (we are almost there).
We celebrated by getting out of the house! I know seven isn't as special as the 5's, 10's, 25's and so on, but we needed a night away. I was too late on the B&B's so I thought it would be fun to schedule something downtown. I love the Riverwalk. It's so....so.... European for lack of a better word. At least in looks. What a fantastic concept - score one San Antonio on the rest of the US.
I wanted to splurge just a bit. I mean, why not? (Hush up, Practical Colleen) I always wish I would stay at nice places and then always cheap out and stay at a Holiday Inn or something, but not this time. This time, I said, nice or nothing. So I booked a suite at the Hotel Contessa. The hotel is gorgeous, modern, but not too modern where I'm sleeping on a mattress on the floor with one painting on a white washed wall. You know what I mean.
We were wishy-washy on restaurants and ended up with no reservations. So we went to eat at a local restaurant, Paesano's, and then afterwards just walked down the Riverwalk, enjoying the view. It was a great little anniversary celebration. Now to repeat next year!
In honor of our seven years, I wanted to offer Seven Things I've Learned since being married (particularly to Jeff). Please enjoy.
- I will never be on time again. As much as I try, I have come to the realization that we will never be on time. Ever. I love Jeff, Jeff is not good with time (and he knows I know that). I am overly concerned with it. He wins. Every time. He refuses to be rushed. I'm still working on accepting this. Afterall, isn't marriage about compromise?
- The little things still count. Flowers, date nights, a break from cooking. They still matter and make me happy all these years later.
- Life gets more complicated, but you make it work. Mortgages, Bills, Babies, Jobs, it comes with the territory and it all comes with hiccups and headaches. But somehow you make it work.
- I loved him then, but I love him more now. Self-explanatory.
- No one can handle my crazy like he can. Again, pretty self-explanatory.
- Kids are bonus. At least for us. We talked about this the other night. We are in agreement kids aren't for everyone. But we are also in agreement that kids are a bonus to a relationship. And we are in agreement that you need to keep some special time for just the two of you as well. Otherwise, you're all going down the crazy road together.
- We compliment each other well. Jeff is go with the flow. I am neurotic and high strung. I need chill in a husband. Imagine a male version of me? I know, it would be a terrible combination. I'd easily have been divorced by now. Ying/Yang, opposites attract. It's not a saying for nothing.
.jpg)
2 comments:
congrats on 7 YEARS!!!!
A perfect match!
Post a Comment