One of the last photos I took of her. November 2011.
My Granny passed away last month. It was expected, but yet, not. Another victim of dementia in my family. That makes 3 now. I only have on grandparent left. If that doesn't bring things in to perspective, I don't know what will.
I spent several summers in Florida with Granny and Pap. The took me, JR and my other cousins on numerous trips to Disney World and countless trips to the beach in Vero. I have strong memories of her. Memories I hope I'll hold on to throughout my lifetime.
I'll miss her. Rest in peace, Granny.
February 1, 1926 - April 2, 2012
Here's the obituary from the local paper:
Gwyneth Queer
Vero Beach
Gwyneth G. Queer, 86, died April 2, 2012, at
VNA/Hospice House in Vero Beach. She was born in Elizabeth, Pa. and lived in
Florida since the late 1950s.
She worked in data entry for a local fruit
company.
Survivors include her daughters, Susan E.
Forsythe and Cynthia L. Horner, both of Vero Beach; sons, John T. Forsythe of
San Antonio, and Robert A. Forsythe of Vero Beach; six grandchildren and four
great-grandchildren.
She is preceded in death by her husband, John A.
Queer; two brothers and two sisters.
Memorial contributions may be made to the
American Cancer Society, 3375 20th St., Suite 100, Vero Beach, FL 32960.
Services: Services will be private.
Arrangements are by Thomas S. Lowther Funeral Home and Crematory in Vero Beach.
A guest-book is available at www.lowtherfuneral.com

No comments:
Post a Comment