Thursday, May 03, 2012

A Blog About Wishing I Would Blog

I love coming across random blogs. People who so freely give access to their personal online journals. It's like an awesome book with interesting characters.
 
I giggle. I laugh. I comment on their wittiness. And I always say, huh, I wish I could write like that. I wish I could keep a constant flow of posts. I've got useless, but interesting, crap to talk about. Always. Why can't I just keep up with this thing.
 
Oh, life, you fickle thing you.
 
My days are non-stop from sunup to sundown. Weekends are packed with activities to keep a 2 year old entertained. And in the spring? Hello? Activity heaven.

I've got this list in front of me at home. You know, the REMINDER list. Read.
  • Don't forget to buy So and So wedding gift.
  • Don't forget to buy So and So baby gift.
  • Edit Pics.
  • Upload Pics.
  • Pin on Pinterest.
  • Update your blog.
  • Buy a Book. (*avoid reminder list*)
  • Do something with all those pins on Pinterest.
  • Pin the current book you are "supposed" to be reading to your Pinterest Board
  • Remind Yourself Read the Book you Bought. 
  • Edit down Pinterest boards so they are more functional/manageable. (*and so you don't feel so guilty that you haven't done much with them*)
  • Read your personal email.
  • Clean out your personal email.
  • Clean out your OTHER personal email.
  • Respond to/Clean up Facebook Messages (otherwise known as EMAIL). 
  • Hey, there, don't forget to update your blog. 
  • Build a photo book (this one has been on this list for well over a year).
  • Buy an iPhone Case.
  • Buy a Bathing Suit.
  • Lose Some Weight.
  • Pay the Bills.
  • Balance the Budget. (*insert meltdown here*)
  • Previous Book is Boring, Buy new Book.
  • Edit Pics.
  • Upload Pics.
  • Remember your blog?
  • Set some Goals.
  • Meet one of the Goals.
  • Make a list of Goals.
  • Then Add to your Reminder List to reference your goal list (*insert head explosion*)
  • Buy an iPhone Case. (last one broke)
  • Do a blog post.
......
......
..... and it goes on and on.

Now duplicate this list and add work related items on it and that's what I face every day when I go into work.

Is it self defeating to make these lists? I'm all ears.

No comments: