As we drove through Round Rock, we decided to check in at IKEA to see what they had. We debated on single vs. double, back and forth, back and forth. We tried KT on a few beds. I really wanted a wrought-iron bed for her, but once we got there, seeing how high that sucker sits off the ground, I changed my mind. Then we saw a king version of the bed we ended up with. Classic style, lower to the ground, but not too low, and something that will age with her for awhile at least!
So we got the double version of it, a mattress, some sheets and a duvet. And we set it all up in her room on Sunday. Wow, it totally changed the look of her room, but I'm loving it. I know we are only 4 nights in, but I must tell you, bed times have been so pleasant these past few nights. I say, "Do you want to go night night?" and last night she replied "Yes!" worked herself off the couch and headed to her room. We read books in bed and turned off the lights and less than 5 minutes later, my kiddo is snoozing.
She's only woken up once in these 4 nights. And I think I found the issue. She doesn't like nightlights on all night. She can fall asleep to them, but I have to turn them off. Otherwise, she's guaranteed to wake up in the middle of the night. I've been testing this theory on subsequent nights and I'm pretty sure that's the issue.
I can't believe we are already at this stage. I'm happy that we're here, but a bit nostalgic as well when I saw her crib disassembled in the spare room. It was a quick transition. Probably a good thing I didn't dwell on that too long. Onward and upward!
Side Note: I also rearranged her bedtime music. We've been jamming Rockabye Baby! for well over a year now. I put on some sweet Jack Johnson to lull her to sleep now. I'm liking the ambiance.
![]() |
| Finally hung this awesome print from Uncle JR and Aunt Ash above KT's bed. LOVE it! |




2 comments:
good job on getting her in a big girl bed!!! YEAH KT!!!!
love the room!!!
good job :)
She's growing up so fast! The room looks great - love the bed. Glad the alphabet print fits! :) Yay for frictionless bedtime!
Post a Comment