Jeff and I celebrate 6 years of marriage on October 1st. I told him it feels like longer - but in a good way! We've been dating since 1998 - so 13 years later, here we are.
To celebrate, Jeff attempted to surprise me. He knows he can't ever get one past me, but he was oh so close. The only thing that he did wrong was leave a receipt on the printer that said "YOUR TICKETS" in 72 point bold black font at the top. Can I help it that it caught my eye? Of course not.
The "surprise" happened to be tickets to see one of our favorite comedians, Jim Gaffigan. You may recall his Hot Pocket skit? No? He's second, or maybe now equal now, to my other favorite comedian, Eddie Izzard. I was so excited. But I had about 4 months to wait. So there they sat, pinned to our refrigerator until last Friday.
I took an entire day off work. For FUN! Not to clean my house or run errands. But for F-U-N!! And it was fun, the whole day. We started it off with a run, because we both wanted to indulge a little while in the ATX. After we cleaned up, we headed to Austin.
I put out an SOS out on Facebook for some good eats off of South Congress. In all honesty, I put the SOS out while we were already IN the area, so I was looking for fast responses. And I got a few. The food trailers seemed the easiest, and trendiest, and most interesting of the suggestions, so we decided on that route.
The Mighty Cone it was! And what a fine choice - de-freakin-licious! (Thanks, Lisa!)
Jeff and I both ordered the Deluxe Cones - aka: Fried Chicken with Fried Avacado - heaven.
Jeff got a banana snow cone (gag!) from one of the trucks....
And I enjoyed a cupcake from Hey Cupcake!
We even enjoyed live music, at 1:45 in the afternoon. This guy was awesome.
Afterward, we decided to go walk off some of our guilty conscious and headed down to Town Lake. (Or Ladybird Lake, I'm not sure what they call it anymore). I took this opportunity to take some photos. It was nice, just relaxing on the park bench.
We spent awhile just watching the kayakers and paddle boarders sunbathe. The weather was perfect. And it was nice not to worry about anything.
Afterward, we headed to IKEA to kill some time before the show and to grab KT a chalk easel, which she absolutely loves (worth all $15 we spent on it). Then we headed back to the UT campus and where STILL early. We took a mini tour of the campus, walked around the stadium then sat on one of the walls and watched all the students and reflected on our time in college. It was really nice.
Gaffigan packed the house, no surprise. His performance was completely fresh, new material and worth the price of the ticket and then some. He had us rolling. It's sure nice to laugh hard every now and then. His encore was his Hot Pocket skit, which is still hilarious even though I've heard it over 100 times.
Afterward, we headed back to San Antonio because we had to head to Houston early the next day for our niece's 2nd birthday party. Mom and Dad watched KT for us during the day and night and brought her back early a.m. Saturday. She had fun going to the zoo with them! In fact, I'm pretty sure she wore them out.
Happy Early Anniversary to the most awesome husband ever. Thank you for the wonderful day trip. It was awesome. Let's do it again soon, m'kay?
Afterward, we headed to IKEA to kill some time before the show and to grab KT a chalk easel, which she absolutely loves (worth all $15 we spent on it). Then we headed back to the UT campus and where STILL early. We took a mini tour of the campus, walked around the stadium then sat on one of the walls and watched all the students and reflected on our time in college. It was really nice.
Gaffigan packed the house, no surprise. His performance was completely fresh, new material and worth the price of the ticket and then some. He had us rolling. It's sure nice to laugh hard every now and then. His encore was his Hot Pocket skit, which is still hilarious even though I've heard it over 100 times.
Afterward, we headed back to San Antonio because we had to head to Houston early the next day for our niece's 2nd birthday party. Mom and Dad watched KT for us during the day and night and brought her back early a.m. Saturday. She had fun going to the zoo with them! In fact, I'm pretty sure she wore them out.
Happy Early Anniversary to the most awesome husband ever. Thank you for the wonderful day trip. It was awesome. Let's do it again soon, m'kay?
















3 comments:
Yeah, yeah! Drooling over the pics of the avocado goodness!
-Lisa
happy anniversary!!! great way to celebrate!!!
I was there when you met and I can't even believe it has been 13 years, 6 married.
I consider myself pretty lucky to have you both in my life. Congrats on your special day (I know - you have a few weeks to go).
I am glad to see that you had a great trip. What a great present - time alone! And yes, the food looked amazing.
Post a Comment